Olympics Betting: Olympics Betting in Canada
Introduction: The Olympics is considered to be the pinnacle in sports as more than 200 nations come together every four years and send in their top sportsmen and sportswomen to compete for what is arguably the greatest sporting honor in world sports. The Olympics or Olympic Games is broken down in Summer and Winter games which alternate every four years but are two years apart.
The last Olympics was the 2016 Rio Olympics which was held in Brazil and the next one will be the 2020 Summer Olympics which will be held in Tokyo, Japan at the National Olympic Stadium. There will be a total of 33 sports featured which cover around 324 events. More than 12,000 athletes, sportsmen and sportswomen from around the world will be a part of the 2020 Olympics.
Canada Betting: Since the Olympics come around once every four years, there is always massive interest surrounding betting on Olympic events. A number of reputed online sports betting websites such as Bet 365, Betfair, Paddy Power, 888 Sports and William Hill offer sports betting on Olympic events.
These online sports betting websites cover the Olympics from the start to the finish and offer bets on qualifying rounds, knock-out matches and the final events. There are a number of popular sports played at the Olympics such as tennis, boxing, basketball, cycling, swimming, athletics, judo and wrestling. These sports usually end up receiving a lot of wagers as they are popular in Canada and the athletes competing in their sports are usually well known.
Sports betting websites offering bets on the Olympics provide them online as well as via a mobile app that is compatible with both iOS and Android platforms helping players to place their bets on the go.
Canada’s Role In The Olympics: The Olympics is without a doubt one of the most popular and watched sporting events across the world. Canada has participated in just about every Summer and Winter Olympics since 1900 except for the 1980 Summer Olympics. The last time Canada hosted the Olympics was in 2010 when the Vancouver hosted the 2010 Olympics. Canadians have won gold at the Olympics in just about every Olympics and have generally done well in Athletics, Rowing and Swimming.
Illegal Betting: The Olympics is the biggest sporting event in the world and as a result sports betting syndicates go all out to compete with legalized sports betting websites and see if they can outdo them. The authorities continue to crackdown on these illegal betting syndicates but they usually find new ways to operate as they have enough time to plan their underground operations between Olympics.
Olympics Betting Tips:
- Pick a sport that you understand and closely follow as it will give you more confidence to make the right wager.
- Place small bets especially at the start of the Olympics as you do not want to exhaust your bankroll in a few days.
- Check the odds on a couple of different sports betting websites, before placing your wager.
Obviously it is not every day of the week that you are able to place a wager on the Olympics what with is being an event held every four years, however in the build up to the Olympics starting you will find a huge number of betting sites start offering plenty of different betting opportunities, which will excite most casual and serious sports bettors.
Top Betting Sites
Top Olympics Betting Events
The beauty of the Olympic Games is that the number of wagering opportunities never stops during the entire event, and as such you are going to find so many open betting markets that will mean that you can often find excellent value on offer.
Do look out for special sign up bonuses and special consolation bets attached to the Olympics for this is another way that you can get excellent value from placing such wagers, and with competition always strong between betting sites then make sure you shop around for the actual sign up offers and special deals to be had during the Olympics are varied.
Types of Olympics Bets
Carefully consider which bets you are going to place during the Olympics, for not only can you get on each single sporting event held during the fixture, but you can also have some of the more unusual and unique types of wagers.
One fun type of wager is to try and predict how many Gold, Silver or Bronze medals any one country will pick up, or even place a wager on which country you think will walk away with no medals at all!
However it is often advisable for you to shop around in regards to getting the best odds on any Olympic Games event for there are always going to be differences in opinion of the market makers at many betting sites, and there is always the possibility for you to combine the generous odds on offer along with the sign up onus available to guarantee you of a winning outcome on certain bets!
Top Olympics Betting Sites
You will not have to wait until the next Olympic Games to bag some very generous sign up bonuses from any of our featured betting sites, for they are always eager to spread the wealth to new customers and as such we present to you the currently available welcome offers at all of our handpicked betting sites, try and take advantage of as many of these offers as you can as they are there for the taking!
- Bet365 – During the Olympics, Bet 365 will be offering a 100% match bonus bet to all new players, simply deposit and accept your free bet. You will then be able to place wagers on any of the sporting fixtures within the Olympics. Should the Olympics not really be your cup of tea however, you can use this free bet on pretty much anything Bet365 have to offer, so you’ll never be short of gambling opportunities!
- Ladbrokes – Ladbrokes like to do things a little differently when it comes to new members, and as such, they offer all new Canada based players up to C$120 in free bets. So whether you fancy a wager on the running or the boxing, you’ll always find a sport to bet on. As the Olympics is not to everyone’s taste however, Ladbrokes will also allow you to bet on any sports you wish, so you can get your betting fix on the sports games that you love.
- Paddy Power – When you sign up to Paddy Power you’ll have the offer of accepting a generous 50C$ free bet simply for signing up and depositing funds into your account. The beauty of Paddy Power is that these bonus bets have their terms written in plain English, so you’ll never be confused about any requirements. As there are so many sports in the Olympics, you’ll be able to find a sport that suits you and your tastes.
- Party Bets – At Party Bets you can receive a 25C$ free bet just for signing up and depositing funds into your newly created account. This free bet can then be placed on any Olympic sporting event, whether that is Power Vault, Hurdles or even the Long Jump. Simply go to the fixtures you wish to stake on and away you go, all you need now if for your backed contestant to finish in the position you think they will end up.
- BetFair – Sites like BetFair always push the boat out when the Olympics are up and running, and they always strive to offer the biggest number of wagering opportunities via their betting exchange. What makes this betting site unique is that you cannot just bet on any one person to win a sporting event in the Olympics, but you can also lay wagers in the hope that the person you have selected loses, and if they do then you win!
Checkout their website for full details of how this betting exchange works and operates along with full details of how you can bag their new customer offer which is currently a free CAD20 Bonus
Please check out any of the betting sites listed above to verify any free bet or free bonus is still on offer, as they can and do sometimes change at short notice. All bonuses and free bets will also come with a set of rules in regards to how you can use them and as such please ensure you understand what is required of you when taking a betting site up on any offer they have available.
Olympics Betting FAQ
However, prop bets are definitely profitable for those who know how to use them. The key to make them work is to scour for bets you can back up with data and have good odds at your sportsbook. For example, experienced bettors often make use of the over/under medal bets for the Olympics, as there are plenty of records and statistics to be used to your advantage.
Thus, while weather is important, it pays out to be selective when considering it, since it doesn’t always have as drastic effect on the outcome as other important factors.
Basketball, football, men’s track and swimming are one of the most popular markets, but also one with the most betting options. These disciplines are also extensively covered, which means you’ll get more bets, resources, and stats, than other less popular options like fencing.