Introduction: Virtual sports has been around for a number of years but it is only during the past 3 years that it has gained a global fan following. Virtual sports are especially popular with millennials who spend a considerable amount of their time playing virtual sports, e-sports and daily fantasy sports.
Virtual sports are based on real sports such as tennis, football, motorsports, greyhounds and horse racing. This means that virtual sports players do not have to wait for live matches to watch their favourite games but are able to log in to sports betting websites and gain access to virtual sports.
The success of these virtual games is determined by the quality of the virtual software, cutting edge graphics, animations and the use of random number generation to determine the final outcome of the game.
Virtual Sports Betting in Canada
Virtual sports has a big fan following in Canada who not only like playing virtual sports but also wagering on the outcome. There are quite a few sports betting websites offering virtual betting to Canadians. Some of these websites include Betfair, Paddy Power, Bet 365, William Hill and 888 Sports which offer players an online version and also a mobile app version which enables them to make bets on the go. Mobile apps from these popular sports betting websites are compatible with both iOS and Android platforms.
Sports betting websites offer different types of bets based on the virtual sports being played. Some of these bets include correct score, win, draw, total goals and total score. Since the majority of virtual sports run for a very short period of time, in-play betting is not available.
Top Betting Sports
Real Sports vs. Virtual Sports
Real sports such as cricket, football, tennis and horse racing take place at specified dates and times. These matches are impacted by weather conditions, player selection, player injuries, coaching strategies and player suspensions. However virtual sports take place almost round the clock and the duration of these matches are very short producing a result within a few minutes.
Bettors who like playing virtual sports will be able to place a number of bets on their favourite virtual games on any given day and not have to be concerned about team strategies, player injuries, team selection and player performance. Those bettors who are entering the world of virtual betting for the first time might take a while to get used to how the game is played.
Some betting websites offer a variety of virtual sports games including games such as virtual cock fighting which is very popular in Asia.
Virtual Sports Betting Tips
- Check a few sports betting websites to see the variety of virtual sports on offer
- When wagering for the first time, start with small bets till you understand how the game is played and gain confidence.
- Experiment with more than one virtual sport and see which one you are really good at
Sporting fixture and a virtual sports type of wager, and the most obvious of these is that you are not necessarily picking a selection on the latter named type of wagers based solely on the actual form of the team, runner or rider in that event.
When you place a wager on a virtual sports type of event a random number generator is used to determine the result, even though each selection you can wager on will have its own set of odds and possible previous form, it is down to the random number generator to pick the winner of each virtual sporting event.
Once a winner has been selected then computer-generated graphics are used to play out the horse race, football match or whatever sporting event the virtual betting opportunity is based around.
Top Betting Sites for Virtual Sports
There are a couple of benefits of virtual betting over real-life betting and one of these is in regards to horse or greyhound racing, as when these virtual races are run, none of the runners ever fall or get disqualified!
Virtual Sports Betting Opportunities
Below we have listed a range of the most popular types of virtual betting opportunities that you can place a wager on, should any of these be of interest to you then our featured sports betting sites listed below all offer these types of wagers 24 hours a day.
- Horse Racing – You will find a wide selection of virtual horse races to wager on, these are based around both the flat and jump races and as such you will have hours of fun picking any of the runners, you can select both single wagers, multiple wagers or even chose to pick Straight Forecasts and Tricast’s in these virtual races, and remember your horse will never fall!
- Greyhound Racing – To ensure everyone who likes placing virtual sports wagers online has just as much choice as land-based punters you can now select one of many different greyhound races to wager on, all of which are presented in a virtual format.
- Motor Racing – Not only can you have a gamble on which horse or greyhound you think will win a virtual horse race, but you can also additionally bet on motor racing, as these types of virtual races have now been brought online.
- Speedway Racing – One of the recent additions to the world of online virtual sports betting is Speedway racing, and as such if you much prefer the growl of the motorbike engines then watching the virtual riders take their chances around the track then you are able to do just that at any of our featured online betting sites.
- Virtual Football – Amazingly the boffins in charge of bringing out a steady stream of diverse betting opportunities have recently turned their attention to football, and as such, you can now watch a rather fast-paced football match play out and of course, these virtual soccer matches come with plenty of wagering opportunities!
Top Virtual Betting Sites in Canada
Should you fancy giving any of the above-named virtual sports betting opportunities a try, then we are pleased to showcase to you the following top-rated Canadian customer-friendly betting sites, all of whom offer nonstop virtual races that run day and night and with a new virtual sporting event starting every couple of minutes or so you will always be able to get straight down to your betting business!
- BetFred – With all of the above virtual sports available to play at their online betting site you will have hours of fun and more than enough winning opportunities should you sign up and become a new customer of the BetFred betting site. Plus with their ongoing bonuses and special wagering deals and promotions you should find your betting budget always goes that little bit further.
- William Hill – You are never going to be left wanting should you opt to bet at the William Hill betting site, they have a passion for providing all of their customers with the biggest range of betting opportunities and like to ensure, thanks to their boosted and enhanced odds on offer, that when you have a winning wager your returns are always the highest they can possibly be.
- Bet365 – Being a fully focussed online betting site, whenever you get the urge to have a gaming session then you are always given the most diverse range of wagering and betting opportunities over at the Bet365 betting site. They are one of the fastest paying betting sites and as such your winnings never get delayed or clogged up in the system, and we are more than happy to showcase them to you.
- Ladbrokes – The Ladbrokes betting empire is huge, having both land-based betting shops and offices in towns and cities all over the world, then you can be safe in the knowledge that they know what punters want and demand, and they always pull out all of the stops to ensure they always deliver the goods, offering hundreds of virtual sporting events each day their website is well worth a visit.
- Paddy Power – One of the largest betting companies you will come across online, Paddy Power are probably best known for its unusual and exclusive player promotions and special betting bonuses. If you are looking for one of the leading betting sites, where every possible type of virtual sporting event can not only be bet on but you can sit back and watch the races playing out, then you really should make your way over to the Paddy Power betting site where you will find full details of all of their currently available new customer bonuses and special betting opportunities.
Virtual Betting FAQ
Thus, you should definitely be wary of bets like the correct score bet or total goals since they are especially problematic in virtual sports, despite the availability of data. On the other hand, safer bets like double chance bets or win/draw/lose bets are easier to get the hang of and thus more profitable.
Nearly every gambling site must have its RNG audited to be awarded a gambling license, and some even have other third-party agencies perform additional audits. So, if you want to sure your games aren’t rigged, just check whether the site holds a gambling license from a reputed licensing authority.
Other than that, it’s all about sticking to a drawn-out budget and keeping a cool head, which is especially important with virtual sports since they are available 24/7. With a disciplined approach and a clear understanding of your wins/losses, you can stay on top of your progress and bet the smart way, rather than just burn through your savings.
Another thing that is crucially different is that with virtual sports you can find a plethora of statistics that can help take a mathematical approach to your betting and thus increase your odds by smart calculations. While in real sports, the human factor will always play a big role.