Horse Racing Betting: Horse Racing Betting in Canada
Horse Racing is one of the oldest sports and has a fan following in just about every country in the world. Billions of dollars are spent by the worldwide horse racing industry and the sport has continued to grow with each passing year thanks to the increase in media coverage.
This is an equestrian performance sport that allows both men and women to compete together. Horse racing rules and formats change base on the different types of tournaments held across the world. Some of the different types of horse racing include flat racing, steeplechasing or jump racing, harness racing and endurance racing.
Visit bet365T&Cs apply
There are horse racing events conducted on a regular basis throughout the world. The most popular horse racing events that have millions of dollars at stake include the Kentucky Derby, The Grand National, Dubai Turf, Breeders Cup Sprint, Breeders Cup Distaff, Breeders Cup Turf, Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, Melbourne Cup and the Dubai World Cup.
The Canadian Triple Crown is the most popular horse racing competition in Canada and consists of three thoroughbred rose races that take place every year. This is one of the oldest horse racing tournaments in Canada and has been around since 1959. The first horserace is the Queen’s Plate which takes place at the Polytrack in Toronto, the second is the Prince of Wales Stakes that takes place at the Fort Erie Racetrack in Ontario and the third race is the Breeder’s Stakes which takes place at the E. P. Taylor Turf Course in Woodbine.
All three races have been televised by TSN since 2014 and 12 horses so far have won the Canadian Triple Crown so far. There is also a Canadian Racing Hall of Fame honoring horses, jockeys and trainers.
As any avid fan of Horse racing will tell you, when it comes to placing wagers on any Horse race there are plenty of options available, not only in regards to the horses you can bet on, but also there are a huge number of different bet types available such as Future Horse Betting and what better way to get your head around them all by having a good look through our Guide to Horse Racing!
Be aware that there are hundreds of different online betting sites as well as plenty of mobile betting sites who all want you to join up to their respective betting sites and they all want you to start placing wagers, and as such you can often find some not to be missed bonus offers and free bets available, but try and stick to betting only at our top rated Horse betting sites for each of those we are going to showcase to you are renowned for giving you the best odds and the biggest bonus offers.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Horse Racing
- Horse Racing in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian Betting: Horse Racing
- Horse Racing Betting FAQ
These sports betting websites not only cover the top horse racing tournaments in the world but also offer horse racing coverage for specific countries such as South Africa and the United States. Some of the different types of horse racing bets include any order forecast, tricast, any order tricast, forecast, reverse forecast and outright winner.
Sports betting websites covering the horse racing industry offer detailed information to help bettors with their wagers. These sports betting websites offer tips and information on the performance of the horses, the performance of the jockeys and the favorite horses in the competition. Most sports betting websites also offer virtual betting on horse racing.
The beauty of Horse racing is that it is a sport that once you get involved in you are going to enjoy it as every day of the week there are races running all over the world, and studying form whilst putting your skills to the test is just one of the enjoyment factors of this race of Kings!
There are small races run day in day out, however there are also a large number of premier types of Horse races where the best of the best take part, and as such you can bet on races such as the Grand National, the Dubai World Cup, the Derby and a whole host of other races.
You are not just going to be able to pick the winner of any one single horse race, as you can also bet on placed horses, and as such as long as your selections finish in one of the prize payout positions then you are going to pick up a winning payout.
You are also able to bet on which horses your think are going to finish first and second or even first, second and third and these types of wagers are known as Exacta’s and Tricast’s and when you get one of these bets placed and your selections all come in, then some fairly large winning payouts will be coming your way.
In fact many of our featured betting sites will also let you try and predict which horse will not only win but by how many lengths it will win the race by, and with plenty of daily specials on offer at our top rated betting sites you are never going to go short on ways to bet on any Horse you fancy in any race running anywhere in the world!
For access to some of the most generous odds in regards to Horse Racing then you really ought to be considering signing up to only those betting sites listed below, if you bet anywhere else you run the very real risk of losing out on enhanced odds and bets odds guaranteed racers. So have a look through our Horse Racing betting sites listed below which have all been handpicked and will live up to your high expectations.
- Ladbrokes: The one betting site that is famed for their massive selection of betting opportunities on all worldwide Horse races is Ladbrokes, and to tempt you through their cyber doors they will give you access to up to C$120 in free bets, try and take advantage of this bonus for it is one of the largest ones around and will give you plenty of additional winning opportunities!
- Paddy Power: You are going to find plenty of consolation bets on offer at the Paddy Power betting site, and as such often you will find when you have bet on a horse and it loses you can get your money back! Plus as a new customer if you act today and start betting at the Paddy Power betting site you can pick up a 50C$ free bet.
- William Hill: Another online and mobile betting site famed for their huge and generous odds offered on all International Horse races is William Hill, they too are giving all new sports bettors a generous sign up bonus when they start to bet at their very easy to use yet state of the art betting site, and as such if you join up today then William Hill will give you a CAD25 free bet, so don’t delay get this bonus whilst it is still available!
- BetFair: Many Horse Race fans that are looking to place wagers on any up and coming race will tend to visit a betting exchange such as BetFair to place their wagers. The reason for this is that the over rounds these betting exchanges work too is very low, and as such you will find the actual odds available on all horses in a race will be way higher at BetFair than at standard betting sites online, plus if you join today you can claim a CAD20 Bonus Bet.
There will be plenty of additional Horse Racing bonus bets on offer during the racing season, however if any of the above free bets and bonuses takes your fancy then you are best advised to visit the betting site website that is offering that particular bonus to see if the offer is still up for grabs. All of the above bonuses and free bets
The single parlay, or parlay formula as it’s called, follows the same logic but with only you as an investor. The method is the same: place a bet and use the winnings on a subsequent bet. The idea is that by wagering the dividends from one race to the next you can multiply them and increase your price pool.
You should also stay consistently updated on your runners, as recent performances can give you a clear glimpse into what you can expect in future races. Basically, keep brushing up and look for any information that can help you find an advantage you can bet on.
It’s also essential to think of your betting as a business investment, i.e. one that plan and monitor. And just like in a real business, you should never spend what you can’t afford to lose.
The Exacta, on the other hand, is similar to the Quinella, the only difference being that you are betting on the exact order of the first two runners. This can also be done with an Exacta Box where you can add multiple exact combinations on a single ticket, each costing you the price of a single bet.