Pool Betting: Basketball Betting in Canada
Introduction: Sports betting or pool betting is different from the usual wager where an individual wagers a certain amount of money on a particular player, team or animal as in the case of greyhound or horseracing. Pool betting on the other hand is a unique form of gambling where bettors agree to pay a specific amount of money into a pool fund.
The pool fund usually pays a percentage to the house or online betting website and then places wagers on a number of different sports and events as may be the case. The proceeds from the pool fund are equally divided amongst the bettors who have invested into the pool fund. One of the unique features of pool betting is that there are no odds involved in pool betting. Pool betting is also referred to as tote betting, totalizer betting and pari-mutuel betting. Some of the different types of pool bets include the Quadpot, Placepot, Scoop6 and the Jackpot.
Canada Betting: Pool betting is common in a number of countries including the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland and Australia. There are a number of Canadians who regularly wager on pool betting and use popular websites such as 888 Sports, William Hill, Betfair, Bet365 and Paddy Power to place their bets.
These sports betting websites offer bettors both online and mobile app sports betting services which have a number of pool betting options. These mobile sports betting apps enable bettors to make bets while on the go and are compatible with both iOS and Android platforms. Some of the different pool betting options include motor racing, GAA matches, tennis, cricket and golf.
The Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency (CPMA) is a government run agency that is responsible for supervising and regulating the pool betting industry in Canada. The most popular form of pool betting in Canada is horseracing and the CPMA keeps track of all pool betting activities and charges a 0. 8 percentage fee on each horseracing bet made in Canada. Some of the different types of pool betting wagers on horseracing include a win, show, place, across the board, each way, exacta and trifecta.
However Canadians can access some of the above mentioned online sports betting websites and engage in pool betting on a number of different sports and activities apart from horseracing.
Pool Betting Explained: A horserace in Canada usually has 12 participants. If the total prize pool is $105,000 and the sports betting websites takes $5,000 and the winning horse is the won backed by the pool bettors, then the remaining $100,000 is split equally amongst the pool bettors. So for every $1 that the bettor has wagered they will get a total of $5.
Pool Betting Tips
- Limit your number of selections
- Do not always go with the favorite as the payout is less
- Read as much as you can on the sport you want to bet on before investing in the pool fund.
Whenever you are in the mood to place a wager on a sporting event or sporting fixture, if you are struggling to pick one of the many sporting events that are running each day of the week, why not consider placing a bet on a sport that is often overlooked by sports bettors, that being the game of Pool.
Whilst it is very true to say you are not going to be overwhelmed with the sheer number of major events that surround the game of Pool such the World Cup of Pool, one thing is guaranteed when any of these types of matches are running is that the games are very fast paced, and as such if you have chosen the winning player or team then you will soon know your fate ad will get paid your winning rapidly!
Top Betting Sites
Top Pool Betting Events
The best places for you to checkout when the next major Pool event is up and running is by taking a look at the betting schedules that all of our featured betting sites list, one of the best betting sites that we can recommend you take a look at is Paddy Power, for they always list the major Pool tournaments well in advance of them starting, and this is often where you will find the best odds on offer.
Types of Pool Bets
If you are wondering just how many different kinds of bets and wagers you can place on any game of Pool then allow us to tell you some of the more commonly placed ones which may be of interest to you! Probably the most popular bet whenever a Pool knockout Tournament is about to start is the Outright Winner of that tournament, simply pick the one player, before or even as the tournament is running, that you think is going to life the trophy and walk away with the Pool Tournament cash prize and if they win then so do you.
As Pool is made up of several rounds, then you will always be able to place a bet on each player in each of these many different rounds, you could also place a correct score type of wager in regards to any Pool match, and this type of wager will see you having to predict the score the game will end in, and if you pick correctly then these types of bets do often come with some very generous odds attached to them.
Top Pool Betting Sites
When it comes to betting on Pool matches, then there are only a select number of premier betting sites who actually offer a comprehensive set of betting markets and related odds on these matches, and as such we recommend you stick to betting at our rated sites listed below. You are going to come across lots of extra value betting propositions make sure that you take them up on their new customer sign up deals, many of which can be found below!
- Bet365 – If you fancy getting for yourself a 100% match bonus bet all you have to do is sign up to Bet365 and deposit some funds, this will then be matched so you have twice the amount of playing budget you started with. You can bet on everything that Bet 365 have to offer, including who is going to be the winner of any up and coming Pool Tournament.
- Ladbrokes – Make sure one site you visit is Ladbrokes for they are giving away to all new customers C$120 in free bets and this is of course open to all new customers who are based in Canada, this offer is value packed and to claim it all you need to do is to sign up and deposit funds into your Ladbrokes betting account and then start to wager and you will then receive this bonus betting cash.
- Paddy Power – Paddy Power are as mentioned earlier are a great site to bet at if you like placing Pool related bets and wagers and they are currently giving all new customers a free 50C$ bet. All you have to do is sign up and deposit funds into your account and then you will find those bonuses funds are swiftly available to you.
- Party Bets – A 25C$ free bet awaits you at Party Bets and claiming it is easy all you have to do is sign up and deposit some funds. This automatically entitles you to place bets on any up and coming Pool tournaments.
- Betway – At Betway, you can claim up to C$50 free bets for simply becoming a member and depositing funds into your account. You will also be showered with additional special offers as they offer a vast amount of bonuses through the year, and also have some of the fastest payouts available, so you can see winnings hitting your account within a few hours!
- Betdaq – The is where you are going to be able in addition to placing a wager lay bets, so if you think someone is not going to win any particular event, then you can lay these bets and if that person, as you predicted, loses, then you win! Checkout their website for a step by step comprehensive guide on how their betting exchange works and operates and whilst there also checkout the terms of their very generous CAD200 in free bets.
We need to point out to you that whilst all of the above free bets and special betting related bonus offers were accurate when we compiled this betting guide, they are subject to change at any time. To validate any offer is still available simply visit the respective betting site for that is where you will find full details of all current promotions along with the terms, conditions and rules of every bonus and free bet available.
Pool Betting FAQ
This, combined with a varied betting strategy and discipline, should be enough to get you off to a smoother start. Also, try to keep in mind that always betting on the favorite is the key mark of amateur pool bettors, because each game can vary wildly due to a number of personal factors.
The totals market, on the other hand, is not your best option because even the most extensive research can’t help you guess how many numbers of games your player/s will win or how many balls will be potted in a single game.
However, it’s important to note that pool handicaps apply to the frames/rounds of a single match and are thus trickier. But if you’re betting in-play, they can be very valuable to those who know their pool players well.