MMA Betting: MMA Betting in Canada
Mixed Martial Arts or MMA as it is popularly known as has grown incredibly over the past five years thanks to some great promotional work by organizations like the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Bellator.
The sport of MMA has gained a cult like following all across the world and is extremely popular in Canada as the UFC holds at least one event every year in Canada.
MMA is a combination of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing, wrestling and kick-boxing. This is a bloody sport which often results in broken bones, concussions, serious lacerations and on rare occasions even death. The sport generates incredible excitement as the promoters tend to provide in-depth coverage in the form of fighter interviews, press conferences, webinar calls, face-offs and weigh-ins that hype the event and help generate massive pay-per views.
The UFC recently hosted UFC 206 in Canada in December 2016 and the show turned out to be one of the best events in UFC history.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Mixed Martial Arts
- Mixed Martial Arts in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian Betting: Mixed Martial Arts
- MMA Betting FAQ
There are a number of reputed online betting websites such as Bet365, William Hill, Paddy Power and 888 Sport that offer MMA betting. Although there are other smaller promotions that stage MMA matches, these sports betting websites offer matches that are hosted by the UFC and Bellator as they are the two biggest companies in MMA.
Canadians can login to their accounts and check out who the favourite and underdog is and see the odds well before the match actually takes place. Most of these online betting sites allow betters to wager on the winner of the fight, method of victory, round betting and a combination of the method of victory (submission and points).
Betting on MMA can be a nerve wracking experience as anything can happen in a fight and the favourite can go down with just one blow. Canadians will usually have a minimum of 5 – 8 matches to bet on during a UFC Fight Night or a UFC Main Card.
- To be consistent at winning in MMA betting, one needs to follow the sport and study the sport
- Click on Winning Markets to see the different combination of bets listed for MMA matches
- Search Google News or Twitter to see what is happening with the fighters you want to bet on – injuries, performance enhancing drug disqualifications and personal issues can be decisive in the final outcome of an MMA match.
It is often the more in your face type of sporting events that seem to attract the biggest crowds, and you are not going to find a more in your face sport than Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA as it is better known.
As the name of the sport gives an indication of, it revolves around fighters taking part in multi round types of bouts whereby they use a varied number of Martial Arts moves in the hope that they subdue and eventually over power their opponent.
As with every single sporting event covered here on the Betting.ca website, you are able to place a myriad of different bets and wagers on all up and coming MMA matches, and as such do have a look through this betting guide as some of what we are about to inform you of may be of interest to you if you fancy placing wagers on these kinds of events and bouts.
It is the UFC Matches that spawn the greatest number of Mixed Martial Arts wagering options, and as such you will always be best advised to do some research on your selected fighter, as often some of the lesser well known entrants in these regularly held events have been known to strike form and start to make a name for themselves.
It may also pay dividends for you to learn the rules of MMA, for when you first come across this action based sport you can often get a little overwhelmed by just how fast paced the action is and may become slightly confused by the point and scoring system, however you will soon master the art of MMA and when you do there is a lot of money to be made by using your skill and judgement to decide which wagers to place and on which opponent to bet on in any one match!
You are able to place all manner of bets when you opt to wager on MMA fixtures, and these are not just limited to Match Betting wagers, as you can also bet on the Total Rounds that will be used on any match and even some more exotic types of wagers such as Which Main Event Will End Quickest, or even will the fight go the distance!
With so many betting opportunities on offer, then the onus really is on you to track down the best odds on offer, and for plenty of wagering opportunities on all MMA bouts you will not go far wrong with our featured betting sites.
The sport of MMA is of course not going to appeal to everyone, but if you enjoy this fast paced sport then you can always back your favourite fighter by placing a wager on them on any UFC matches, and below are the sites we are happy to present and introduce to all of our Canadian website visitors.
- Bet365: How do you fancy boosting your initial deposited amount made at a betting site, which will of course enable you to start betting on events such as those betting opportunities available on MMA, well if so then you need to make a visit to the Bet365 betting site where they are currently offering you the ability of claiming a generous 100% match bonus bet, so do check them out as they come highly recommended.
- Ladbrokes: One of our top rated Canadian betting sites where you are always going to find more than you fair share of free bets and bonuses on offer, including their not to be missed new player sign up bonus worth C$120 in free bets is the Ladbrokes betting site. One stand out feature of Ladbrokes is their rapid payouts and as such when you have won and cashed out you get paid usually in an hour or two!
- Paddy Power: We would recommend that whenever you want to place any kind of MMA wager one betting site that you always checkout first is the Paddy Power betting site, for they are very well known for their value betting opportunities on these types of wagers. Should you sign up today then you can avail yourself of a 50C$ free bet full details can as always be found on their website or do checkout our review of this leading online betting site.
- William Hill: One betting site that you may almost certainly have heard about before is William Hill and if it is free bets you are after and also want to place MMA bets then visit their site today for full details of how you can claim up to CAD25 in free bets!
- 888 Sport: One final betting site that we would like to introduce to you, if you are a Canada based sports bettor who is not only looking to place MMA bets and wagers but would also like to bag an extra CAD88 in Free Bets is the 888 Sport site. They are the sister site of the huge and very well regarded 888 Casino site and as such you are going to find that they offer you the ultimate online betting experience and some of the best odds around.
Betting on all MMA sporting fixtures is both quick and easy at any of the above betting sites however be aware that to claim any of the MMA betting bonuses and free bets listed above you will have to comply with the terms and conditions on any such bonus, these can be found on the respective betting website. The bonuses are of course subject to change at any time so always check the websites of any betting sites whose bonus is of interest to you.
Most MMA fighters come from NCAA wrestling and are versed in a combination of fighting styles. Basically, it’s all about knowing a better combination of both ground fighting and defense techniques (like Judo) than your opponent.
You should also have a clear idea of the form and fighting style of the fighters you’re betting on, especially with over/under bets. Different training backgrounds can also give advantage, but also other human factors like aggression or mentality.
On the other hand, the Total Rounds bets are less safe to make as there is no sure way of predicting the outcome. The Double Chance bet offers similar chances, since with this bet type you will have to predict both the winner as well as the method of victory.
However, live bets only work when you are quick and prepared. This means knowing everything you need pre-game and reacting quickly before odds are updated. This can be a tough call, but not impossible. The key is to never overreact and to swap to different bet types if you see an opening.
The most common type of prop bets are the “Method of Victory”, “Will it Go The Distance?”, “Points Handicap” and the “Round” bet. There might also be others, depending on the betting site.