Hockey Betting: Hockey Betting in Canada
The game of hockey has been around for well over a century and is played by a number of countries including Germany, Italy, India, Pakistan, Australia, Spain and Canada.
There are a number of different variants of hockey including field hockey, bandy, ice hockey, street hockey and sledge hockey.
Ice hockey is without a doubt one of the most popular sports in Canada and has a massive following throughout the country.
The International Hockey Federation is the governing body for world hockey. There are a number of international hockey tournaments that take place on a regular basis such as the Champions Trophy, Hockey Champions Challenge, Commonwealth Games and the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament. The Olympics and the World Hockey Cup is scheduled every four years.
Visit bet365T&Cs apply
Spain, Argentina, Germany and Australia have dominated the game of hockey for a number of years. India and Pakistan used to be a major force in hockey and had a massive fan following but over the years their performances have declined.
Canadians pay more attention to ice hockey than field hockey. The National Hockey League in Canada is the most popular ice hockey league in the world and is made up of 30 teams.
Field hockey has not been immune to the spreading of match fixing and in recent years a number of allegations have been made at domestic and international levels. The same is also true when it comes to ice hockey and as a result hockey’s regulatory body has agreed to be a part of the Integrity Betting Intelligence System which is recognized by the International Olympic Committee and looks to fight match fixing, corruption and illegal sports betting across the globe.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Hockey
- Hockey in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian Betting: Hockey
- Hockey Betting FAQ
There are also a number of Canadians who follow traditional hockey matches, especially international matches and bet on these matches at popular sports betting websites such as Bet365, Betfair, Paddy Power, 888 Sports and William Hill. These sports betting websites offer online services and a mobile app that is compatible with iOS and Android platforms.
Some of the different types of wagers offered by these sports betting websites include quarter betting, half time betting, match winners and tournament champions. A field hockey match can take anywhere between 70 to 90 minutes to finish which allows sports betting websites to offer in-play betting.
- Keep track of the schedule of hockey tournaments and matches across the world
- Play close attention to player interviews, team performance in the last 5 matches and player suspensions
- Do not place your wagers well in advance of the scheduled game as team changes, player injuries and changes in game strategies can impact the final outcome
- Make use of in-play betting to hedge your bets
Roller Hockey, Field Hockey and Ice Hockey are all very popular sports, and where you have plenty of people interested in a sport as sure as night follows day you are going to find many people interested in placing wagers on it.
The Hockey playing environment does have a huge following in certain countries of the world, and in regards to when and how you can place wagers on any such Hockey event, then it is all dependent on which code of the game you are interested in as they all have their own seasons, leagues, divisions and championship.
In the Guide to Betting on Hockey we will showcase to you many of the most bet on Hockey events from all over the world, plus we will also enlighten you on the many different types and kinds of Hockey related bets you can place on any game plus as an added bonus we will introduce you to several online betting sites who both offer planet of Hockey betting markets and plenty of free bets to give to new customers of their respective betting sites!
Individual Hockey matches do get a lot of wagers placed on them during the season of the National Hockey League (NHL), however two events which get even more bets on them are the final game of any Hockey divisions or Hockey Tournament along with the type of bets whereby you are placing a wager on which team will lift any specific championship trophy.
You are of course able to bet on every single Hockey match, tournament, league and division and if you fancy doing so then checkout our listed sites at the foot of this page, for they will all give you the best odds and free bonuses if you join up and start betting at their sites.
It is of course up to you how you decide to place wagers on any Hockey match, however you will of course need to have an idea of just which bets can be placed on such matches! It will come as no surprise that the most commonly placed Hockey bet is one on the winner of any single match, however these types of bets often come with very restrictive and low odds when one of the two sides is a red hot favourite.
So do consider placing a half time and a full time wager on a Hockey match or even place a wager on the correct score betting markets where you have to correctly predict what each team in any one Hockey match will score, these types of wagers often offer huge odds and whilst those huge odds are on offer, never forget the actual chances of you predicting the correct score of any Hockey match are quite high!
You will be possibly now wanting to place a few Hockey related bets and wagers of your own, and if this is the case, then do not make the mistake of simply betting at the first betting site you come across online, visit the website of the following Canadian betting sites, for they offer the most comprehensive collection of Hockey bets, and are all giving away lots of free bonuses and free bets to new customers, so fill your boots whilst you can!
- Bet365: One Hockey betting site that we have no problems what so ever introducing you to is the huge and very busy Bet365 betting site, you will always find they offer some of the industry leading odds and betting markets on all Hockey matches and thanks to their very generous 100% match bonus bet you will be ahead before you start to wager!
- Ladbrokes: Another online betting site that is ideal for every one living in Canada is the Ladbrokes site, they have plenty of ways for you to deposit and also withdraw and thanks to their generous odds, coupled with the fact they are giving away to all new customers up to C$120 in free bets, then you will always get excellent value from your bets and wagers if you choose to give them a try, which we think you should do!
- Paddy Power: Big and bold are what Paddy Power are, and in regards to their betting site then you are always going to find they offer better odds and a huge number of available betting opportunities on not just Hockey matches but on all sporting events and fixtures that you can think of, and many others that you haven’t even thought of! If you sign up today you will be able to claim for yourself a 50C$ free bet, see their website for more details.
- Betdaq: There are plenty of different reasons why you should sign up to and become a new customer of the Betdaq betting exchange, with the main one of course being the must claim welcome offer which is going to see you being able to claim a rather large, yet quickly credited bankroll boosting CAD200 in free bets, we suggest that you be quick in claiming this bonus is if it of interest to you as we do not think it is going to be around for very much longer due to its size!
All of the above betting sites do indeed offer a plethora of unique Hockey betting opportunities and exclusive sign up bonuses which will see you getting maximum value from all of your Hockey related bets and wagers, please be aware that the offers listed can change at very short notice, and as such the onus is on you to double check any offer mentioned is still available.
Other rules to keep in mind are that in the case of overtime and shootouts, the final score after the shootouts is applied to the bet, with most betting sites applying a one point to the total points of the shootout winner.
The puck line is one of the most popular bets because it brings the advantage of spread bets but in a uniform format. Namely, with puck line bets, the handicap or spread point will always be +/- 1.5 points. Thus, at the end of each game, the +/- of 1.5 points will be applied to the total points of each respective team.
When betting live, it’s also important to stick to bets you know, which in most cases will be only one of three options: moneyline, puck line and total. Knowing your team’s mentality is yet another weapon that can help you with close calls like second half bets.
However, when exploring markets, you should always keep your scope narrow if you want to avoid being overwhelmed. Also, if you feel more comfortable with home leagues, you can also find the OHL at most betting sites.