Soccer Betting: Soccer Betting in Canada
Soccer or Association Football (Football) is without a doubt one of the most popular sports all over the world and while it does not enjoy mainstream popularity in Canada, it is still widely followed and watched.
Football as has a cult like following in Europe and Asia but the majority of Canadians are yet to be captivated by the beautiful game.
However there is a growing soccer fan base in Canada, who follow international matches as well as popular leagues such as the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and the Serie A. Soccer is governed by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and the biggest tournament is the FIFA World Cup which takes place once in every four years.
Each soccer match takes place over a period of 90 minutes and should the match be drawn at the end of 90 minutes, an additional 30 minutes of extra time will be played. Should the match still be drawn at the end of this additional time, there will be a penalty shootout where 5 kicks are taken. More often than not, a result is obtained by this time but should the match still remain in a drawn state, further penalties will be taken in a do or die format till an eventual winner is decided.
There have always been rumours of match fixing and corruption in soccer but during the last 3 years, the game of soccer has been tarnished as the authorities have released information stating that senior FIFA executives have also been involved in bribery and corruption charges. FIFA has vowed to clean up the game and restore the reputation of the sport and the faith that fans have in the ‘beautiful game’.
The underground betting market for soccer is a multi-billion dollar industry and one which the authorities are constantly looking to crackdown upon. Some of these illegal operators run soccer betting rackets via online websites, mobile apps, WhatsApp and other social media platforms making a significant amount of money on every soccer match.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Soccer
- Soccer in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian Betting: Soccer
- Soccer Betting FAQ
Bettors will be able to wager directly online or make use of the mobile apps that these online betting websites offer. This makes it easy for bettors to make wagers on the go and to also bet when they feel the odds are in their favor.
- Always check the final playing squad of both teams
- Check the performance of the team during the last 5 games
- Check whether they are playing at home or away
Welcome to the Betting.ca Guide to Soccer Betting, there is no shortages of Soccer matches that can be bet on, however take some time out to read through this guide for it will show you where you are going to lock in and secure the best value from all of your Soccer bets.
Each country of the world will of course have their own unique set of Soccer Leagues and Soccer Divisions and as such you can find plenty of wagering opportunities every single day of the week if you have an interest in Soccer. Should you wish to place a Soccer bet on any up and coming fixture, the betting sites listed below are where you should be heading.
There more to betting on Soccer matches than just picking which team is going to win any match played, and this is where it really will pay for you to study the plethora of additional betting opportunities on offer on all up and coming and about to start Soccer matches.
We have several different betting guides in regards to betting on Soccer, and as such if you are more interested in placing more specific types of wagers and bets on the Football World Cup or the UEFA Football Champions League then do have a good look around our website as we have information and betting guides on these types of betting events and fixtures.
However if you are just looking for an overview of the many different types of Soccer bets that you can place online or even on your mobile phone or tablet device, then do keep on reading for we have listed below a wide range of generic Soccer bets and do of course have a listing of our top rated Soccer betting sites, all of whom are giving away free bets and special bonuses to new customers of their respective sites.
You could lose out if you simply place you wagers at any old online betting site, for not every site you are going to come across online offer you the best odds in the industry, and as such we cordially invite you to checkout any of the following top rated betting sites who offer industry leading odds, fast timely cash outs and of course you will be showered with free bets and bonus cash when you sign up to any of them today.
- Bet365: You are going to seriously increase your winning chances if you make the decision of signing up to the Bet365 betting site, for a limited time only they will give you a no strings attached 100% match bonus bet when you sing up to their state of the art betting site and place you very first real money wager, visit their website for more details of this great offer.
- Ladbrokes: You may not have a supermodel wife or a mansion, but you don’t need all that to enjoy the English favourite, Soccer (or Football as some of you may know it). And Ladbrokes are offering a C$120 free bet so you can place a bet on any football fixture.
- Paddy Power: Paddy Power are offering all new players the chance to bend it like Beckham with a 50C$ free bet. Simply sign up, deposit funds and place whichever bet you like. The team at Paddy Power are also always there to help, and should you need a little more information on the different wagers you can place, there will always be a plethora of information available.
- partypoker bets: At partypoker bets, you can claim a very generous 25C$ free bet for simply signing up. This free bet will allow you to wager on multiple soccer matches, or if you really want to, place a Super Heinz bet, which could see you potentially winning a fortune!
- William Hill: William Hill have long been the bookie of choice when it comes to placing wagers on the footie, and as such, they offer all new players based in Canada a CAD25 free bet. This free bet is perfect for wagering on 1 or more soccer matches and because they offer the best odds around, you’ll always be sure of an interesting match.
Furthermore, should you be in the market to place accumulator bets, you can do so with this free wager, and should you win, you’ll be able to withdraw any winnings to your account in a matter of hours thanks to the Faster Payments type service William Hill utilizes. You’ll also never have to worry about currency fees because you are able to fund and withdraw in CAD.
- BetFair: For a brand new way of looking at your Soccer betting opportunities have a good look over the betting exchange on offer at the BetFair site, new customers do of course get a special welcome offer which is currently a CAD20 Bonus Free Bet, and when you start to bet on their site you can lay or place a wager and as such you can bet on any listed Soccer team to lose a match and not just win it!
If you wish to take advantage of any Soccer bonus or Football free bet that we have listed above, be aware that they may change from time to time, whilst we do update our website regularly it is advisable that you visit the betting sites whose offer interests you to make sure the listed bonus or free Soccer bet is still available, and when you visit the betting site always familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the bonuses and free bets.
Injuries are another important factor, especially in the ranks of defence, but also any key players with a significant contribution to the team. Recent incidents and events are also good to keep track off, as teams often get demoralized after club incidents, loss of players/managers, or even long trips from overseas games.
For example, in a handicap bet of Manchester United (-0.5) vs Liverpool FC (+0.5), Manchester United is having their advantage taken away by a minus handicap. This means that even if they win by 1:0, the result will still be considered a draw by the bookmaker, as the handicap takes away 0.5 points from the team’s final score and adds 0.5 points to Liverpool FC.
The first one is fixed betting, which is when you always place the same amount on each bet. This system allows for slow, but safer profits. And the second one is proportional betting, which is when you bet a portion of your budget according to the edge. However, this is a more advanced method that involves using complex formulas like the Kelly Criterion, which is why it’s better left for more advanced bettors.
The Expected Value is one of the first things beginner and intermediate bettors become interested in and to no surprise. Expected value is basically a way to calculate how much you can expect to win if you were to repeat the bet over and over again. It’s also a way of figuring out how good are your bookmaker’s odds.
The formula is actually fairly simple, i.e. finding the expected value of a bet is a matter of calculating:
EV = (winning probability) x (amount you win per bet) – (losing probability) x (amount you lose per bet)
However, to truly understand how to apply this formula, you need a more advanced background in advantage betting.
To calculate the home field advantage, all you have to do is to take the number of goals your team scored at home per season and subtract the number of goals they’ve conceded. Once you do, just divide the result by the number of games played at home in a season.