Beach Volleyball Betting: Beach Volleyball Betting in Canada
Introduction: Beach Volleyball is a variant of traditional volleyball and has been around for a number of years. The most popular variant of beach volleyball takes place on a beach and involves two players from each side. The Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) is the regulatory body for beach volleyball.
Beach volleyball competitions take place at a domestic level and at an international level as well. A number of beach volleyball tournaments are held on a regular basis throughout the year at various locations. Beach Volleyball has also been a part of the Olympics since 1996. Some of the other popular tournaments include ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball, Vancouver Pro Beach Volleyball Open and the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships.
Canada Betting: Beach volleyball is a popular sport in Canada as a large number of Canadians follow the sport, play the sport and even wager on beach volleyball. Popular sports betting websites such as William Hill, 888 Sports, Betfair, Paddy Power and Bet 365 offer beach volleyball betting for Canadians via their online website and mobile app for bettors who want to wager on the go. These mobile betting apps are available for both Android and iOS users.
Beach volleyball tends to take place mostly during the summer as good weather is required for volleyball to be played on the beach. As a result, sports betting websites tend to feature these beach volleyball games only at certain times during the year.
Some of the different types of beach volleyball wagers on offer at these sports betting websites include set winners, game winners and championship winner.
Beach Volleyball Overview: Beach volleyball is similar to indoor volleyball but for a few changes. The court is made up of sand, is smaller than the indoor volleyball court and players are allowed to play with bare feet. Beach volleyball rules do not permit coaching during matches and comprise of 3 sets each, with each set to be played till 21 points, except for the deciding set which is fixed at 15 points.
With the cold weather in Canada, it is difficult for beach volleyball players to play throughout the year. Amateur beach volleyball players tend to play the two by two format on grass courts sometimes while professional players often travel to the United States and Mexico in search of a warmer climate to play. The Canadian beach volleyball team for both men and women did not fare very well at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
Top Betting Sites
Beach Volleyball Betting Tips
- Make a note of the schedule of popular beach volleyball tournaments across the world and then check if your sports betting website is covering the tournament.
- If your sports betting website is not covering the tournament, double check with a couple of other sports betting websites as there is a possibility that another website might cover the tournament.
- Study the record and performance of the team you are going to back and check the results of their last 5 matches.
There are lots of different sporting events and sporting fixtures that attract a large viewing audience, and wherever there is an interest in a sport then you can guarantee that there will be plenty of betting sites offering odds on such events.
In regards to Beach Volleyball, there are a growing number of fans of the sport who whilst cheering on their own personal favourites, also like to place a wager on the outcome of these events, and to ensure we bring you as much information on every single type of wagering opportunity we present to you this Betting.ca Guide to Beach Volleyball.
Top Beach Volleyball Betting Events
It may surprise you to learn just how many Beach Volleyball matches are running throughout the world at any one time, in fact depending on which part of the world you are looking to place these types of wager on there are several different betting events up and running.
The most well known governing bodies who arrange Beach Volleyball events are the Asian Volleyball Confederation, in Africa it is the Confédération Africaine de Volleyball who arrange such events and matches, and in Europe the European Volleyball Confederation organise plenty of sporting events.
The North, Central America and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation and the Confederación Sudamericana de Voleibol (the latter named is responsible for organising all South American events) are two other governing bodies of this sport.
Types of Beach Volleyball Bets
Much like any other sporting event the actual number of different wagering opportunities that are on offer on Beach Volleyball matches are large, and here are just a tiny sample of the types of wagers you may be interested in placing on such sporting events.
- Beach Volleyball Match Betting: Without a doubt it is the Match betting opportunities that are the most popular types of wagers placed on a Beach Volleyball match. This type of wager simply involves you picking which team will win and if correct you will of course get paid out at the odds offered before the match got underway.
- Beach Volleyball Handicap Betting: You will find Handicap Betting is available on many Beach Volleyball events, and this is when one side is given a start in regards to their starting score to balance up their winning chances when they are the underdog in the event.
- Beach Volleyball Correct Score Betting: One of the hardest wagers to predict is the actual correct score of any Beach Volleyball event, however if you are prepared to put your skill and judgement to the test and place such a wager you will be offered some very high payout odds on these types of wagers.
Top Beach Volleyball Betting Sites
You are always going to find plenty of betting opportunities available at the top rated sports betting sites listed below, not only are a plethora of Beach Volleyball bets available, if you opt to give any of them a try today a range of special free bets will also flow your way to increase your actual winning chances!
- Paddy Power – When you decide to play at Paddy Power, a 50C$ free bet bonus offer is open to you and any other Canada based players. You will be able to place this cash on any sporting fixture including Beach Volleyball.
- Party Bets – Party Bets have recently been upping the ante, and as such are offering a 25C$ free bet to all Canadian Players. This free bet can be placed on a whole host of events including Beach Volleyball.
- William Hill – William Hill are pleased to announce that they can accept Canada based players, and as such are offering you a CAD25 free bet should you signup and deposit funds in to your account. It’s super fast; just make sure you place your bet before the Beach Volleyball game begins! Should Volleyball not be your thing however, you can place these free bets on any sporting events, including American Football, Hockey and Baseball.
- 888 Sport – Part of the 888 empire, 888 Sport is offering you an appropriate CAD88 Free Bets Bonus when you sign up today. These free bets can be placed on all of their sporting events including the Beach Volleyball.
- BetFair – BetFair have always big on their customer service, and as such any Canada based player who signs up is entitled to a CAD20 Bonus Bet. This offer is available for a limited time only, so make sure you get there quick to make the most of this very noble offer. Should you ever need a reason to become a member of this leading online Bookmaker, this should be it!
- Betdaq – If you want to place some wagers on the Beach Volleyball, then Betdaq are offering up to CAD200 in free bets! Now, Betdaq allow you to place some very interesting wagers, such as betting to lose. So if you’re looking for a new way to wager, then make sure you head on over to the Betdaq website and see if this innovative bookmaker is right for you!
We tirelessly strive to give you the very latest free bet bonus information here at the Betting.ca website, however from time to time those bonuses and special offers we list may have been enhanced or changed by the betting sites we have listed.
As such we would suggest that if any of the above free bet promotions listed above take your eye, then please visit the respective betting sites to ensure that they are still valid and available. Once there also checkout the terms and conditions of any such promotions to ensure you understand how to claim that bonus and what you have to do with those free bets!
Beach Volleyball Betting FAQ
Namely, in beach volleyball a match is considered the best of three and a game is won by the first team to score 21, or jus 15 in tie-breaks. There are also no substitutions and no rotation errors, like in regular volleyball. So, keep this in mind before you start betting.
And finally, one often overlooked factor is the weather, especially with players coming from other continents. For example, if a European team is competing in excessively hot and humid climates (like the one in Rio) this can give more advantage to South American players.
The safest bets in beach volleyball are the match bets, especially since team performance can change within minutes. Handicap bets are the most profitable option, although they are harder to predict. The least safe bets, on the other hand, are the correct score bets, as well as outright betting, which in most cases is very difficult to win.
Beach volleyball is one of a handful of sports where in-play bets are vital, especially because team performance fluctuates wildly. Even the strongest of teams have been known to lose their momentum, causing instant odd changes which you can exploit to maximize your gains.
Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst (1.55) vs. Louise Bawden and Taliqua Clancy (2.5)
Now, to find out the probability of each team winning, all you have to do is use the following formula:
1/(your odds) = decimal number *100
Or, in the case of Ludwig and Walkenhorst: 1/1.55 = 0.6451 * 100 = 64.51% probability
So, with that formula the favorites have a 64.51% probability of winning the match while the underdogs 40%. When you add both numbers, you end up with a sum of 104.51%, which shows you the house edge your betting site takes. In this case, this is 4.51%.