In-Play Betting: In-Play Betting in Canada
In-Play betting is the term used for sports matches that are live or currently underway. Online betting websites that offer their services in Canada often use the term in-play betting or live betting or in-running better mentioning the live scores at the side of the odds.
In-play betting is offered on a wide range of sports such as cricket, American Football, hockey, boxing, MMA, basketball, baseball, cycling, tennis and rugby. The odds for in-play betting keep changing constantly based on the current state of the game. In-play betting gets locked for some of these sports as the game comes into the final rounds or closing minutes and the result is a foregone conclusion.
The online sports betting websites who offer in-play betting use highly-developed betting software that allows them to update the odds almost immediately as a live game progresses. This is because if there is a delay between the live game and the sports betting odds being updated, then bettors who are following the game live on television or via the internet can take advantage of the delay and place their bets to generate higher winnings. The updates usually happen within a few seconds of the live game on an on-going basis.
Canadian players who have forgotten to place a bet on a game or match they had earlier intended to, can always check the In-Play betting section to see if the game they wanted to bet on is being featured. They will have the option to place bets on In-Play betting but most likely the initial odds could have changed based on the score-line. In-Play betting odds give bettors a better gauge on the how the match will go down and as a result the margin of winning for the favorite team or player will be very slim as the risk of losing appears very small.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For In-Play Betting
- In-Play Betting in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian In-Play Betting
- In-Play Betting FAQ
All of these reputed sports betting websites provide their services online as well as via a mobile gaming app that is suitable for Android and iOS platforms which allow players to place bets on the go. Players who tend to use in-play betting will find these mobile apps very convenient as they give them current updates on the game or match and also allow players to place their wagers very fast which is essential when wagering on in-play betting as the match and odds can change quickly.
- Make sure you are logged into the mobile app and that your account has sufficient money for you to bet.
- Trying watching a game on live television, streaming or even better in-person if you can and have the online sports betting app opened to the in-play betting section.
- Make sure you have strong internet connectivity and get a confirmation message once you place the bet.
Allow us to now introduce you to the brand new way of placing wagers online, and this is through the In-Play betting markets that many online betting sites have recently started to offer their customers.
The main difference between In-Play betting and all other forms of betting is that you will be placing these wagers once a sporting event of sporting fixture has begun, hence the term In-Play! There are of course plenty of benefits of placing a wager in this way, with most sports bettors using In-Play betting as a way of them to hedge their bets placed before a sporting event got underway.
As you will know in any kind of sporting event the possible outcome on any event is going to be changing as the fixture is being played out, Football fans may see on team scoring a goal, and horse race fans may see one horse bolting clear of the field.
The In-play betting markets will continually be updated in real time and as such the odds on offer will fluctuate as the sporting fixture is playing out, and as such you can then choose to wager on any outcome of the match in real time and as it is up and running.
There is no real “top” betting events in the world of In-Play betting, for every single event that offers such an In-Play betting market are popular, and as such every single type of betting related fixture you can think of, from Golf to Cricket to Horse Racing to Soccer will offer one of these types of betting markets.
You can place just as many wagers and bets on an In-Play betting market as you can in a standard betting market, and as such if you want to pick which Golfer, Tennis player or Football team is going to win a match once that match has begun then you are able to do so.
If you fancy trying your hand at In-Play betting then you will not go far wrong by sticking to our featured and top rated Canadian betting sites listed below, all of them offer plenty of betting opportunities and all of them will shower you with free bets or free bonuses when you sign up and start to bet at their respective betting sites.
- Bet365: When you join up with Bet365, they are offering you a 100% match bonus bet, this means that for every dollar you deposit they’ll match it. So you’ll be able to place twice as many bets! To make the most of this offer, we recommend depositing as high amount as you can afford, and you never know, you could just win it big!
- Ladbrokes: Up to C$120 in free bets await you should you join up to Ladbrokes. This is a 100% match offer and to make the most of it, you should deposit the full C$120, however, if this is a little high for your liking, anything under will also be matched dollar for dollar, meaning you’re in complete control of your bonus.
- Paddy Power: Paddy Power do things differently to most other online bookies, and as such, they offer to you a 50C$ free bet when you sign up and deposit today. What makes Paddy Power different to other online bookmakers is that they understand the importance of customer loyalty and as such, offer their hordes of loyal customer’s regular bonuses throughout the whole year.
- partypoker bets: When you join partypoker bets, they will offer you a 25C$ free bet just for depositing funds into your newly created account. This free bet is yours to play with however you like, so whether you want to place wagers on the football, hockey or even the races, you can gamble with it as you see fit.
- William Hill: With all the free bonuses that William Hill gives away to their customers it’s a mystery as to how they manage to stay afloat! Should you join up to William Hill today and deposit funds in your account they’ll give you CAD25 absolutely free to bet on any of their sporting fixtures.
- BetFair: Probably the best known and certainly the most used betting exchange in the world is the one on offer at the BetFair betting site, you are always able to get your bets either placed or laid at this betting site, and they have a huge number of In-Play betting markets available, new customer will be interested to learn that they can avail themselves of a free CAD20 Bonus when they join up and start to bet at BetFair!
- Betdaq: Whilst the Betdaq betting site is not as large as the one named above, they do have a growing number of users of their betting exchange platform, so f you are looking to spread your risk when placing or laying wagers then consider signing up to the Betdaq site today, and for a limited time only you are able to claim up to CAD200 in free bets.
Betting on In-Play betting markets does of course carry a risk and as such please always gamble responsibly, for details of any of the above betting opportunities please visit the betting site in question, and also please be aware that any betting bonuses and free bets will be subject to change at any time and will of course come with their own unique set of terms and conditions which you are required to read through and fully understand before accepting any such bonus or free bet.
Another advantage is that win in-play bets, you can easily swap your bets and change your position to make profits where there wouldn’t be any pre-game. However, to do this, you have to react quickly and have a clear idea of what the situation is.
The second thing to consider would be that you can’t be really successful with in-play bets unless you keep your eyes on the game. So, forget about live stats and follow a real time feed, be it online or on the TV.
Another thing you have to mind is that you should look at live betting as trading. Odds can change significantly mid-play and you have to wait for the right moment to find the most value. Other than that, it’s good to know your bet options so you can swap to more exotic bets should a chance unfolds.
Instead of spending beyond your fixed bet money or your planned over money, you can explore other markets and options to find value. And whatever you do, never fluctuate more than you can afford.