Boxing Betting Sites, Best Bookmakers in Canada & Odds
Boxing is one of the most popular sports and generates a significant amount of interest in the United States and Canada as some of the best fighters in the game have come from these two countries.
One of the best Canadian boxers of all time is Lennox Lewis who represented Canada in the 1988 Olympics and won gold. Lewis was also the undisputed heavyweight champion.
Visit bet365T&Cs apply
Boxing in Canada is governed by the Canadian Professional Boxing Council (CPBC) but those claims have been challenged by the National Championship of Canada (NCC) who claim they are the regulatory body. Boxing across the world is governed by a number of regulatory bodies including the World Boxing Association, World Boxing Council and the International Boxing Federation.
In this Boxing Betting Guide presented here on the Betting.ca website you will find information on where and when and how to place a myriad of different Boxing related bets and wagers, so feel free to have a good look through it!
Boxing is yet another sport that has been shrouded under the cloud of match fixing as both amateur and professional fights can get influenced by outside parties who bribe, threaten and manipulate boxers to throw matches, take dives, put in a below par performance and even pay the judges to score the fight the way they want it to go. This enables illegal betting syndicates to determine the outcome prior to the match and win a lot of money on illegal boxing bets.
There are plenty of Boxing events run throughout the year on an ongoing basis, and as such with events organised and controlled by such organisations at the World Boxing Association, the World Boxing Council as well as both the International Boxing Federation and the World Boxing Organization then you are never short of wagering opportunities!
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Boxing
- Boxing in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canada Betting: Boxing
- Boxing Betting FAQ
Betting on boxing is exciting as the outcome is unpredictable as anything can happen on the day and in the ring. Boxing matches have 3 minute rounds with a 1 minute rest in between rounds. The fight can be won via a knock-out, stoppage, disqualification or on points. Three judges score each round and if the fight goes the distance, their scores are totaled and the eventual winner is decided.
Canadian players who want to bet on boxing can visit the online poker website or mobile app of any of the reputed sports betting websites we listed above, click on boxing and then see the list of matches that are featured. They can look at the odds and quickly determine who the favorite is and who the underdog is. The return is always higher on the underdog which is one of the reasons why many bettors take the risk as the payout looks greater. These online betting websites cover boxing matches taking place all over the world as well as in Canada.
If you have a passion for the sport of Boxing, then you will now that throughout the year there is some major one off bouts, and also a range of tournament styled boxing matches that run throughout the year.
Should you be interested in placing any form of boxing wager on any up and coming bout, then you can do just that at many of our featured Canadian customer friendly betting sites listed below, and remember the art to securing the best odds is to shop around as each betting site will offer different odds based on the level of money they have had placed on any part of a betting market!
If you are prepared to take a long term view in regards to placing your Boxing related wagers, then you can often secure some better payout odds, as most online betting sites offer Ante Post wagers as they are known which can be placed weeks or months in advance of any Boxing match starting.
So if you want and wish to place a wager well in advance then make sure you do so as the odds are often way higher than those offered in the run up to a Boxing fixture. To give you some ideas of the types of wagers you can place on a Boxing match, we have listed some of the most common and not so common betting opportunities below for you.
- Boxing Match Betting: Should just one of the boxers take your eye then it will be the Match Betting opportunities that interest you, all you need to do is pick the boxer who you think is going to win any one match and if correct you will be rewarded with a winning payout.
- Boxing Round Betting: Another popular Boxing wager is the Round Betting opportunities, when placing this type of wager you need to predict correctly just which round of the match your chosen boxer is going to be declared the winner in!
- Method of Victory: You can now also place a wager known as the method of victory bet, and this will see you having to guess correctly just how the winner of any boxing match is going to be determined, a knockout or points are of course the two most common outcomes on any boxing match!
- Will the Fight go the Distance: You can also wager on whether you think any single boxing match is going to go to the final round, whilst the odds for this wager are not usually very generous, there can of course be only two sides to this type of wager, those being a yes or no!
To guarantee you get an unsurpassed betting experience when placing a Boxing bet, then we suggest you stick to placing wagers at any of our showcased betting sites below, each one will let you place wagers in CAD and those listed are also offering a range of new customer betting bonuses and special offers to welcome you onboard.
- Bet365: When it comes to Boxing matches, there is one site you should be visiting, and that’s Bet365. With a 100% match bonus bet, you’ll get far more bang for your buck as they’ll match it Dollar for Dollar. If you ever needed a reason to join up to Bet365, this is it. So get yourself over and place your bets before the final bell sounds! Good Luck!
- Ladbrokes: If you’re looking for a new place to gamble at, then Ladbrokes may just have what it takes to entice your through their cyber doors. Offering up to C$120 free bets to all Canada based players, you’ll be able to place this on any American Football, Volleyball, or Boxing event. If you really wanted to, you could actually place it on events further afield including Wimbledon or even The Ashes.
- William Hill: For years William Hill has dominated the online betting market, and it’s easy to see why. Not only do they always offer the very best and most generous odds, they also ensure their Canadian players are well catered for, and as such, they are offering a CAD25 free bet to all new players based in Canada to place on any of their sporting fixtures including the Boxing.
- BetFair: When you’re placing online wagers, you don’t want to be placing them just anywhere, and BetFair are one of our favourite online bookies. They accept players in Canada and have recently unveiled a new CAD20 Bonus bet for all new players based in Canada. This wager can be placed on all sporting fixtures, including the Football, Racing, Volleyball and Boxing.
We do of course keep our website as up to date as possible in regards to the currently offered free bet bonuses offered from all of our betting sites, however occasionally a bonus free bet offer will change before we have time to update our website. So please double check the above offers are still valid by visiting the website of the respective betting site whose free bet offer is of interest to you!
Another thing you should definitely keep in mind is the fighting style of your boxer. Flamboyant and aggressive boxers don’t always win the game, despite their popularity, but those with discipline and defense always do well.
The key rules you should lookout for is the ones rule stating all bets to be void if a boxer is substituted or round bets to be void in the case of changes to the number of rounds before the fight. You should also note that any appeals or subsequent decisions will not be counted towards the bet with all betting sites.
Another profitable bet is the method of victory, especially if you keep track of boxers’ stats. On the other hand, special bets like a knockdown in a specific round are very difficult to predict, and so are under/over rounds, which can often be less profitable.
However, with round betting, all bookmakers will consider the round to last until the next round begins. This means that any disqualifications or boxer withdrawals prior to round start will be considered as in the previous round. So, keep this in mind before you go for round bets.