Basketball Betting: Basketball Betting in Canada
Basketball is played all over the world but the sport has its biggest following in America and Canada. The most popular basketball tournament and league is without a doubt the National Basketball Association (NBA) which is played in the United States.
The NBA has some of the most well known teams and players in global basketball featuring the likes of the Chicago Bulls, LA Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers. The stars of the NBA over the years have been the main reason why basketball has grown as a global sport.
Some of the popular NBA players over the years include Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal, Kobie Bryant, LeBron James and Stephen Curry. Canada has also produced a number of basketball players who have featured in the NBA.
Canada also has a basketball league of its own called the National Basketball League of Canada (NBL Canada). The league was established in 2011 and initially had just three teams. Since then the league has grown and now features 10 teams which include 2016 winners Halifax Hurricanes who defeated London Lightning in the NBL Finals. Canadians also bet on NBL games but it is the NBA which attracts the highest number of wagers in basketball.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Basketball
- Basketball in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canada Betting: Basketball
- Basketball Betting FAQ
William Hill, Paddy Power, 888 Sports, Betfair and Bet365 are few of the sports betting websites that offer both online and mobile app betting for bettors who like to wager on the go. These sport betting websites cover all NBA matches and also mainstream basketball tournaments such as the Olympics and the FIBA Basketball World Cup.
There are a number of different wagers offered on basketball matches such as first quarter, second quarter and third quarter scores, final results, score-line and player of the match. Each quarter in the NBA goes on for a period of 12 minutes and there are also a number of time-outs. Since these games go on for well over an hour, most sports betting websites also offer in-play betting on basketball matches.
- Take the time to study the performance of the team during its last 5 games.
- Pay close attention to the players in each team and also to the starting line-up in each game.
If you want to hedge your bets, one of the bet ways of doing this is to use in-play betting.
You are going to be amazed at just how many betting opportunities surround the sport of Basketball, and in this Guide to Basketball Betting you are going to come across all of the facts and figures and betting information to ensure you know when and where to place your wagers whilst discover top 10 betting sites offering some huge free bets and Basketball bonus offers.
Have a really good look through this betting guide as it is going to open your eyes to the value that can be found online.
Basketball is of course a popular sport in many different countries and across lots of continents, most people usually associate this sport with the US, however there are many places where you will find Basketball games running throughout the year and as such there are a huge number of sporting fixtures and events that you can place a Basketball wager on.
You can place bets on teams playing against each other is both the EuroLeague and the Euro Basket, or if you follow American Basketball matches then you will find more than enough wagering opportunities on the NBA and Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) Matches. Keep on reading to find out what type of wagers can be placed and of course the very best sites to place your wagers to guarantee you get the best odds and rapid payouts should you place a winning Basketball bet.
It does of course depend on just which Basketball events you have chosen to wager on as to just which types of bets and wagers you are able to place, however some of the more commonly found wagering and betting opportunities that are available on Basketball matches can be found below.
You are able to place a simple type of Match Betting wagers and when you place such a bet you are simply hoping to pick the team to win any one match, many betting sites also offer Handicap Betting where one side is given a start to allow the odds on offer to be more balanced. Other betting types include you being able to predict the Total Points or whether the Total Points will be either odd or even!
You will never want to take any chances in regards to betting online and as such if you want to be safe in the knowledge that when you win you are going to get paid quickly on any betting event including Basketball wagers and events, then make sure you rigidly stick to betting at our top rated betting sites listed below, all of whom have some special free offers to give away to new customers who sign up today.
- Bet365: If you’re looking to place a bet on the Basketball, make sure you check out the 100% match bonus bet offered by Bet365. Not only will you be able to place double your initial stake, but you’ll be able to choose a variety of bets too. Perfect if you’re looking to place a more unusual basketball wager.
- Ladbrokes: We all like getting value for money, and Ladbrokes is currently offering up to C$120 in free bets should you become a member of their online bookmakers. This deal is exclusively for Canada based players, and should you sign up and deposit funds into your account, you’ll receive this highly generous bonus automatically (should you accept it of course).
- Paddy Power: Paddy Power is one of those rare bookmakers that give you that little bit more. A 50C$ free bet is on offer if you sign up and deposit today. However, you will also be showered with promotional deals and bonuses all through the year ensuring you get much more bet for your buck.
- partypoker bets: The party never ends at Party Bets, and to help you start a hopefully winning session, they are offering a 25C$ free bet for all new players. This can be wagered on all their sporting events including the sport of Basketball.
- 888 Sport: Being part of the mighty 888 empire, 888 Sport is just one of the many branches on offer. Should you join 888 Sport, you will be given up to CAD88 in Free Bets. This can be used on all of the sporting fixtures, and could see a perfect start to a very profitable session. Should you ever fancy a change, when you become a member of 888 Sport, or any of their betting sites, you’ll also become a member of every site they have, so you can log into the online casino, for example and have a flutter on the slot game reels, the roulette table or even a game of Keno.
- BetFair: You can not only take advantage of the free CAD20 Bonus that will be offered to you when you sign up to the BetFair betting exchange, but you can also lay and place wagers, whenever you choose and on any up and coming Basketball event. Make sure you visit their website for a step by step guide on how their betting exchange works as you will be amazed at the number of betting propositions it has to offer Basketball bettors!
If you wish to take advantage of any Basketball bonus or Basketball free bet that we have listed above, be aware that they may change from time to time, whilst we do update our website regularly it is advisable that you visit the betting sites whose offers interest you to make sure the listed bonus or free Basketball bet is still available, and when you visit the betting site always familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the bonuses and free bets.
There may be also some restrictions for overtime, like betting on the 4th quarter, in which case the overtime isn’t considered. But in most cases, match bets and second half bets will include the overtime played.
And apart from staying informed, another thing you should stick to is discipline. Setting out a budget and determining your bets beforehand will help you keep a better track of your progress and stay longer in the game. The most common approach is to use no more than 3% of your budget on a single bet, or no more than 5% when you’re sure you should go over.
Also, keep in mind that trends, although useful, are also a reflection of past events. Simply put, while some teams may have done great 2 years ago, this year the team composition or the performance may be entirely different. So, keep this in mind before you rely too closely on your stats.
Although this is a simple example, it serves to prove how live bets can be turned into profits when, statistically speaking, you have the upper hand. That’s why keeping yourself backed up with data is one of the best ways to stay on top of the game.