Baseball Betting - Baseball Betting in Canada
Baseball is one of the most followed sports in America and Canada. There are numerous baseball leagues around the world such as the Central and Pacific League in Japan and the East and West League in Cuba. However the most popular baseball league in the world is Major League Baseball (MLB) which covers America and Canada.
The MLB is the oldest of the four top professional sporting leagues in America and Canada and is made up of a total of 30 teams. The 30 teams are split into two leagues with 15 in the American League and 15 in the National League. The officially recognized governing body for baseball is the World Baseball Softball Confederation. There are 29 teams from American and just 1 team from Canada – the Toronto Blue Jays.
Visit bet365T&Cs apply
Although Canada has just one MLB team participating, there is massive interest in the game and Canadians choose to support one than one MLB team.
The Major League Baseball (MLB) runs a format where each team plays a total of 162 games per season and based on the points table, the top 5 teams in each league advance to play in a post season tournament. The winners in each league then head off to the World Series to take place in a best of seven match series to determine the eventual winner.
The MLB is one of the most watched and lucrative leagues in America and Canada. The MLB also holds the record for having the highest season attendance with 73 million spectators, which is more than any other sports league in the world.
- Recommended Canadian Sports Betting Sites For Baseball
- Baseball in Canada
- Top Betting Sports
- Canadian Betting: Baseball
- Baseball Betting FAQ
These sports betting websites offer betting services online and through a mobile app that is available on both iOS and Android platforms. These sports betting apps offer a number of different baseballs bets such as parlays, point spreads, run lines, propositions and outright bets. Since baseball games can go on for more than three hours, sports betting websites offer in-play betting services as well.
Most sports betting websites tend to focus on the MLB and World Series which is the MLB championship which consists of seven games. The duration of the MLB is usually around 6 months and hence there are games featured on a regular basis at these sports betting websites.
- With so many games taking place, it is important for bettors to keep track of their team’s playing schedule
- Follow the latest baseball news concerning player transfers, injuries, suspensions and performance so that you do not have any surprises after you wager
- Make full use of in-play betting services.
If you are looking to place any kind of Baseball bet online, then our complete Guide to Baseball betting is going to show you just how easy it can be. Not only that but we would also like to present to you a range of betting sites where you are going to have plenty of winning opportunities thanks to them giving away plenty of free bets and little bonuses to their customers.
We cordially invite you to have a good look and read through our Betting.ca Guide to Baseball Betting, for there really are some gems of information within it and your next set off Baseball bets may just be rewarded with enhanced odds and winning payouts!
Much like every other sports, there are of course plenty of different events surrounding the sport of Baseball that attract a lot of wagers, some of the most popular betting events include the MLB World Series 2013 as well as the American League Pennant (AL) along with the National League Pennant (NL).
You can of course bet on any team you so desire and as such if you fancy placing wager on the Detroit Tigers, the Boston Red Sox or any other team such as the Texas Rangers, Oakland A’s or the Tampa Bay Rays or any other teams, then make sure you take a look at what our selected Baseball betting sites listed below have in way of odds and line betting.
You really will have plenty of fun and more importantly betting opportunities if it is the sport of Baseball that you fancy having a few wagers on, and in regards to the sheer number of different bet types that this sport offer, then even the most hardened sports betting will get their fill!
You are able to bet on Outright Betting and as such choose which team you think is simply going to win any one match, however when one team is looking unbeatable then the Handicap Betting opportunities will balance the betting as the underdog will get a boosted initial starting score. Other types of Baseball bets include both Match Betting and also you can place a wager on what you think the Run Totals will be.
We do not just simply list any old betting sites on the Betting.ca website, we much prefer quality over quantity any day of the week, and as such all of the Baseball betting sites listed below is going to give you the maximum number of Baseball betting opportunities. Each site is of course licensed and regulated and each one, as you are about to discover will flip you a special Canadian Dollar welcome bonus to welcome you on board as a new customer.
- Paddy Power: Forget about just betting at any online betting site, stick to one that is going to value your custom, and this is something that Paddy Power will do, and to show you that they mean business as a new customer you can get a quickly credited 50C$ free bet, take a look over at the Paddy Power betting site for more details.
- partypoker bets: One of our top rated online Baseball Betting sites that will always shower you with little extras and special free bonuses is partypoker bets and for a limited time only you can claim, as a new player a 25C$ free bet, checkout their website for full details, but be quick!
- William Hill: Another leading online betting site that we have no problems what so ever showcasing to all of our Canadian website visitors is William Hill, if you are quick and fancy placing some Baseball bets today then you will be able to bag a generous CAD25 free bet bonus.
- Betway: C$50 in free bets are going to flow your way if you sign up as a new real money customer of the Betway betting site, and if you love nothing more than placing Baseball bets then you are going to be spoilt for choice at Betway as they always have dozens of open betting opportunities.
- 888 Sport: The more you wager the more you will get via the sign up bonus that is offered to all 888 Sport customers, you can claim, in total as a new customer a not to be sniffed at CAD88 in Free Bets and for all of the t’s and c’s simply visit the 888 Sport website today.
- BetFair: Being able to bet on which teams you think will win and Baseball match whilst also being able to bet on who you think is going to lose any Baseball match is why the BetFair betting exchange is so every popular, and if you become a new customer today then they will give you a CAD20 Bonus.
- Betdaq: For a limited time only as a new customer of the Betdaq betting exchange you can fill your boots with CAD200 in free bets so for a new way of betting that can see you betting Baseball teams to either win or lose then get over to Betdaq and whilst you are there make sure you secure that massive sign up bonus which will not be around for very much longer, so claim it whilst you still have chance.
All bonuses and free Baseball Bets listed above and throughout our website may be subject to change at any time, and whilst the Baseball betting information above was accurate at the time of compiling this guide, the offers listed may have changed recently, so please visit the respective betting sites websites to make sure the offers and free bets are still valid.
New York Mets -1 ½ (+120) vs. Chicago Cubs +1 ½ (- 130)
What this bet means is that if you bet on the Mets, they will have to win by 2 runs (at least) to get you your win. On the other hand, if you bet on the Cubs, they will have to lose by a single line, or win the game.
To calculate the probability of your team winning the game, you will need to use the odds from your betting site. So, for example, if the Mets are the underdogs and have 2.15 odds, all you have to do is use the following formula:
1/(odds) = decimal number * 100
Or, in this case: 1/ 2.15 = 0.4651 * 100 = 46.51%
So, the chances of Mets winning the game are 46.51%. However, this is not the case with runline odds. For runline odds, you need a different formula:
Plus Runline Odds = 100 / (100+runline odds) = decimal number * 100
Or, in this case: New York Mets -1 ½ (+120) = 100/ (100+120) = 0.4545 * 100 = 45.45% probability
Minus Runline Odds = minus odds / (minus odds + 100) = decimal number * 100
Or, in this case: Chicago Cubs +1 ½ (- 130) = 130/ (130+100) = 0.5652 * 100 = 56.52% probability
However, you should also note that in this example the sum of both probabilities is over 100%, or 101.97% to be more precise. This is because the betting site takes a house edge for providing the service, which in this example is the 1.97%.
The logic is fairly simple, betting on the favorite is the safest way to go, but not always profitable. When you bet on minus runlines of -130, for example, you’ll be paying 130$ to win 100$, which, despite letting you win the bet most of the time, will drain your budget quickly. Also, favorites don’t always win. In fact, the lose plenty of times.
Another rule implies that if a game is suspended or not completed in any ways after 9 innings, the score will be calculated after the last full inning, unless otherwise stated. And should a pitching change happens before the game, your moneyline or total bet may be no action, if you chose to receive your wager back in this event, before you made your bet.