Rugby League Betting: Rugby League Betting in Canada
Introduction: Rugby League and Rugby Union are similar in a number of aspects but the difference lies with the rules that govern the game. Rugby League has rules that are a lot more lenient regarding ball possession, contesting the ball after the tackle is over and rucks on the ground and through mauls when compared to Rugby Union rules.
Rugby League is a contact sport that is governed Rugby League International Federation (RLIF) and was first played in 1985. There have been instances where the governing bodies for Rugby League and Rugby Union have contemplated merging the two sports but that is yet to happen.
The sport is very popular in England, New Zealand, Australia, France, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and Samoa. Some of the popular Rugby League’s are the Australasian National Rugby League (NRL) and the European Super League. The Rugby League World Cup takes place once in every four years and is was one of the most matched Rugby League tournaments in the world.
Canada Betting: Rugby League may not be as popular in Canada as basketball or ice hockey but it still has a strong following. Canadians love to wager on Rugby League matches across the world including its very own Canada Rugby League.
Canadians rely on sports betting websites such as Bet365, Betfair, Paddy Power, 888 Sports and William Hill to place wagers on Rugby League games. These sports betting websites provide services via their websites and also through mobile betting apps that help bettors place their bets while on the go. These mobile gaming apps are compatible with Android and iOS platforms.
Sports betting websites offer a number of different betting options on Rugby League games. Some of these betting options include halfway leader, top try scorer, top 4 finish, top miss the 8, top 8 finish, leading pointscorer, to reach grand final, grand final winner and season outright winner.
Canada Rugby League: The Rugby League in Canada was established in 2010 and is governed by the Canada Rugby League (CRL). The league is split into three competitions and features the Alberta Rugby League Competition, Ontario Rugby League Competition and the British Columbia Rugby League.
Rugby League in Canada has pre-dominantly been a male dominated sport but as the popularity of the game grows in Canada, more women have shown interest in playing the game. The CRL decided in 2016 to open up an expression of interest for those players wanting to try out for the Canada’s Women Rugby League Team.
Rugby League Sports Betting Tips
- Keep track of the international and domestic rugby league schedule that you want to bet on
- Follow the latest rugby league news surrounding player selection, player injuries, coaching strategies and final team selection.
- Make use of in-play betting to hedge your bets
You can bet on any Rugby League match on your computer, lap top or even on your tablet device or mobile phone. The world of sports betting does constantly keep evolving and as such you are always going to be able to place a bet on your favourite team whenever they are playing.
Thanks to some of the listed below betting sites you can not only place a wager before a Rugby League match gets underway, but you are additionally now able to bet on a match once it has started and is in play. These types of betting markets are known as In-Play bets and they can and do give you plenty of extra ways to win or even lock in guaranteed winning profits when you take full advantage of them.
Top Betting Sites
Top Rugby League Betting Events
There are lots of leagues that make up the Rugby League in many different countries and whilst the matches that are played throughout the season do attract a lot of wagers some of the most bet on Rugby league events include the Holden Cup, the NSW Cup, as well as the QLD Cup and obviously the World Cup.
To enable any one of our website visitors to have a wide range of betting opportunities when they are seeking to place a bet on any Rugby League match, further down this page you will find out selected betting sites, all of whom cater for Canadian sports bettors, and all of them will give you plenty of little extras should you decide to sign up to their sites today.
Types of Rugby League Bets
When you decide that you want to place a bet on any Rugby League fixture, then you are going to find a huge number of different ways that you can do just that. The betting markets on these types of matches include you being able to bet on whom you think is going to win a match, the first player to score a try or even how many tries the winning team are going to win by.
These betting opportunities are not just limited to picking the winning side, for when you choose to gamble at a betting exchange you can also take the opposing view, and lay bets in regards to the team that will lose a match!
Once again please have a good look through our featured betting sites that are listed below and take a close look at their live and open Rugby League betting markets to see for with your own eyes just how diverse the betting opportunities are!
Top Rugby League Betting Sites
The sheer number of betting opportunities that will open up to you when you become a customer of any of the Canadian betting sites that are listed below will impress even the most hardened sports gambler, and was will also be of interest to you is the range of free bets that each listed site is currently giving away to all new real money bettors.
- William Hill – William Hill are offering you a free CAD25 bet should you sign up today. All you have to do to be eligible is deposit funds into your account to make the most of this bonus cash. You’ll be able to place bets on all of the sporting events, and should Rugby League be your thing, you’ll be able to bet on this.
- Betway – Betway are among the most generous bookies going, and they are offering all Canada based players up to C$50 in free bets. Should rugby be your thing, you can place wagers on both Rugby Union and Rugby League. Make sure you check out the sites terms and conditions, as this offer is subject to change.
- 888 Sport – 888Sport is part of the mighty 888 empire, and they offer far more than just a bookies, they have casinos, a poker site, casino and bingo on offer, so should you be the type of better that doesn’t like to place their eggs in one basket, 888 is going to be the one for you. They are offering a very apt CAD88 in Free Bets for all new players, and they also have every sporting fixture covered, so you’ll never have to miss out on wagering on your preferred Rugby League team again!
- BetFair – BetFair are an odd Sports Book. Not in a bad way though. As they really do pride themselves on fair and honest book making, you can be guaranteed no delay in cashing out your winnings. To make the deal even sweeter, you’ll also receive a CAD20 Bonus when you sign up and deposit funds into your account, plus you can also in addition to placing a bet also back Rugby League teams to lose!
- Betdaq – Betdaq (pronounced ‘Bet Dack’) are offering you the ultimate deal when it comes to betting on the Rugby League – up to CAD200 in free bets! All you have to do to be eligible for this amazing offer is sign up and deposit funds up to 200 CAD to be awarded this great deal. Don’t worry if you haven’t got $200 dollars to put into your account though, they will match any amount you put in!
Rugby League betting opportunities are always on offer at the above betting sites, however the bonus offers listed may change at any time, so please make sure you visit the website of any betting sites whose bonus offer is of interest to you. Whilst checking out the promotional offers always make sure you read through and make yourself fully aware of all of the rules and terms and conditions of any Rugby League betting bonus offer.
Rugby League Betting FAQ
The time of the year is yet another crucial factor, as most teams get tired at the end of the season and drop in performance before certain league seasons start, like the World Club Challenge. Other than that, you should also keep in mind the distance between games and the referees themselves, the style of which can have a major impact on the game.
The key approach here would be to look at statistics closely and apply them together with other factors like the home advantage, weather, referees, etc. Even when a team has had multiple wins, it doesn’t mean those wins were by a significant margin. Also, you should always check the starting XV as well as previous head records when making your pick.
Other than that, it’s good to know the void rules, which normally state that should the venue be changed or should the match be abandoned/postponed all bets will be void or considered “no action”.
For example, in a match of Hull FC (-2.0) vs St Helens (+2.0), St Helens are given a 2 point advantage for being the lesser team. This means that the bookmaker will take away two points from Hull and give them to St Helens at the end of the game and consider that as the final result. This way, if you bet on St Helens you can win money both if they score a win as well as in the case of a draw.